Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? This is an exciting opportunity for a leader who is passionate about building meaningful, high quality software. We are looking for a hands-on, multi-talented and versatile senior architect and Java developer.
The impact you’ll make
In this role you will lead the team in building, improving, and maintaining a world class system for our vehicle maintenance-as-a-service platform. You will roll up your sleeves to lead a team of engineers in designing, developing, integrating, and testing a complex ecosystem dedicated to delighting customers with on-time and efficient access to vehicle care. You should have extensive experience building an API-driven Java micro-services application, mobile apps using Ionic and Angular, excellent communication skills, and a drive to make a significant impact in redefining the garage industry. Expect to take ownership of a technical vision, to take the lead on key architectural decisions, to mentor a growing team, and to hold a high standard in code reviews and production availability.
What you’ll do
– build scalable, reliable, secure systems using technologies that align with Vehicle Mind’s product roadmap.
– create and update the technology roadmap that ensures that products and services are delivered on time.
– plan and manage multiple parallel projects; ensure that projects are well-defined, structured, and managed efficiently.
– anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
– combine Java, Spring Boot, Node.js, Ionic, Angular, React.js as required and appropriate for the solution.
– leverage data, caching and search solutions such as MongoDB, MySQL, Kafka, Redis, memcached, Elasticsearch, Solr to build performant, data-rich solutions.
– secure access to solutions and ensure compliance with global security and privacy standards.
– play a pivotal role in the mentorship, guidance, and performance of your team of engineers. Recruit and retain top development talent.
– be a leader by example for the quality of code to ensure optimal balance of code quality metrics such as coupling, cohesion, testability.
– lead Agile Engineering teams with Designers and Strategists to continuously iterate, validate and build feedback into the solution.
– contribute positively to open days, job fairs and interviews.
– promote ownership through monthly participation in Vehicle Mind’s blog, luncheon meetings, conferences and related content creation.
– keep up to date on new technologies and make the team aware and encourage them to follow the example
– demonstrate open-mindedness, a good capacity to adapt to change and have a long-term vision to prevent and deal with the various demands of the role.
– demonstrate leadership, excellent communication and flexibility with respect to work schedule.
– bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science required, advanced degree preferred
– at least 8 years of professional software engineering experience with focus on mobile, web, and data-intensive applications
– start-up experience preferred
– previous experience mentoring less experienced developers and guiding their professional growth
– problem solver who gets excited about challenging engineering puzzles
– passionate about engineering digital solutions that solve real business problems
– obsessive about quality and demonstrate this through taking a test-driven approach to creating software solutions
– not a master of but familiar with technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Sonarqube, Linux, GCP and AWS services.
How to apply
Interested? Qualified? Send your CV and github info to email@example.com asap!