Vehicle Mind is a high technology innovator and disruptor focused on connected car care solutions. We are looking for team members who are hungry, humble and smart. Our team members have an independent, entrepreneurial spirit and can work well with others in our growing, flexible workplace. Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world. Have a big impact at an early-stage, well-funded IoT startup. Work with a team of experienced entrepreneurs creating socially-mindful technology.
## Position Overview
You’ll design, develop, validate, maintain, release, and operate the backend hosted in an AWS environment that processes and analyzes large amounts of data from thousands of cars. At the heart of the connected car solutions is a sensor suite that connects the user’s car to a cloud-based Intelligence Engine. By monitoring a range of parameters from the car and other data sources, it can diagnose problems before they appear, recommend parts and certified mechanics to repair issues when they occur. Along with the Intelligence Engine, the Convenience Core offers several useful services to users that make a user’s day-to-day life easier and keeps users informed and in control at all times.
– Improve and secure platform architecture, databases, APIs, CI/CD pipeline, and operations together with the team
– Lead microservices architecture, development, delivery, and operations together with the team
– Refactor existing monolithic applications into modern microservices
– Write unit tests and focus on code quality
– Coach, encourage and mentor fellow software developers
– Collaborate with product managers to define, scope and plan new features
– Test, evaluate and recommend technologies to improve overall solutions
– Be a key participant in agile development process
– Support and continuously improve release and deployment pipeline
– Organize and participate in code reviews
## Desired Skills & Experience:
– 8+ years in backend engineering roles
– Strong coding skills in at least one programming language, with the desire to pick up more. We work primarily in Java, Python, Node.js
– In-depth understanding of AWS services and experience using EC2, SQS, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS (PostgreS), S3, Kinesis, ECS, and IAM
– In-depth knowledge and experience working with Linux, as well as Docker, NGiNX, PostgreSQL
– Knowledge of data storage considerations for use in data processing frameworks such as Apache Hadoop and other similar ones
– Experience deploying or managing large scale distributed Linux environments
– Comfortable with large scale production systems and technologies, for example, load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, and/or configuration management
– Database (RDBMS & NoSql) schema design
– IoT and automotive experience is a huge plus
## Must-Have Qualities:
– Team player with an open mind
– Strong integrity and highly reliable leader
– Flexible and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
## Other perks include:
– Employee stock option plan
– Competitive salary
– Access to amazing amenities – all you can imagine and more!
– Centrally located in downtown Montreal, next to the metro.
If this sounds challenging and interesting enough, and you have prior experience or expertise in any of these related fields, get in touch! Please send your résumé/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and any links (Github)/attachments about relevant projects and related work.