About Vehicle Mind
Vehicle Mind is an innovator and disruptor focused on building the easiest way to get a car serviced: “one-click car-care”. Vehicle Mind is leading the digital transformation of independent garages, giving them the tools to meet the expectations of digital-first consumers. Using Vehicle Mind cellular telematics and digital inspections, garages can proactively monitor customer vehicles for potential issues and suggest preventive maintenance services. On their mobile app, consumers can access information and data that until now were only available to professional mechanics. They can book appointments and prepay for services in advance of garage visit. A wide variety of notifications and alerts keep consumers informed on their vehicle status at all times. With a host of other innovative services included, Vehicle Mind is an all-in-one subscription for a new era of stress-free car ownership.
Vehicle Mind has a bold vision to become the most trusted, widely accepted solution for vehicle services.
As Software Development Manager, you will work with our team of Development Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision. You will design, build and own cloud-first and mobile-first features and programs that will delight our customers.
You will be responsible for technical ownership of multiple applications including complete SDLC with strong focus on quality, security and scalability. You’ll also be responsible for architectural decisions, deployment and support for your products in production.
This is a hands-on role with development activities and delivery commitments. For you to be successful in his role, you need wide ranging knowledge of modern mobile and web-scale product developement, UI/UX practices, and project management.
Some of the technologies we work with are:
Java/J2EE, springboot, Node.js, Ionic, Angular, React.js, TypeScript, NosqlDB, mongodb, AWS (Cloudwatch, Cloudformation, EC2, SQS, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS (PostgreS), S3, Kinesis, ECS, IAM), Terraform, firebase, Stripe, GitHub, GitHub actions, Google Play and Apple App store practices.
For UI design we use InVision and Zepplin.
Knowledge of other technologies is an advantage from a future perspective: cassandra, elastic search, kibana, kafka, redis, docker, kubernetes, apache, solr, spark, scala, hive, etc.
Role and responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage the overall planning, execution, and delivery of concurrent projects.
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for the garage industry that helps them succeed in their business goals, and innovative automotive related services to consumers.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Work closely with engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Assist engineers with ideas by exploring new APIs, services, platforms, and software. Constantly explore ways to improve processes and practices.
- Coordinate with UI/UX designers to ensure UI designs are available for development. Ensure UI/UX revisions and modifications are carried out in consultation with marketing, UX, and product managers
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Project management – prioritization, planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
Skills and qualifications:
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineers, Software Engineering or related field
- 5 plus years of relevant work experience in full-stack mobile and web-technologies
- 1–3 years of supervisory experience
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
- Software development experience in building mobile apps, web services and highly scalable applications
- Development experience in Java, Angular, Ionic, node.js
- Experience in DevOps CI/CD pipeline creation and management
- Cloud services such as AWS and GCP
- Experience in API development and management
- Other experience we look for includes: REST, Spring Boot, Linux
- Start-up experience preferred
- Experience translating technical information into non-technical language
- Ability to synthesize disparate sources of information into a cohesive narrative
- High level of professionalism with outstanding ability to work effectively and efficiently with a team
- Excellent time management skills as well as the ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to capture an audience during a presentation
- Energy, passion, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm
- Competitive salary
- Employee stock option plan
- Centrally located in downtown Montreal, next to the metro
- Unlimited beverages and a great team!
Please get in touch at email@example.com with a copy of your latest CV